Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by our non-sponsors, The Broke and the Bookish! Enjoy! And add your own stuff to our lists in the comments!
I don’t have five reasons. Just one.
Reasons why I love reading? Goodness, what else would I do?
- Reading! Fuelling my need to read and to think critically (or at least ironically) about what I’m reading.
- I think I like the community. I like sharing ideas and starting a conversation, and I like working with my fellow warriors and working together to create wonderful, meaningful and interesting content.
- I like that I get introduced to wonderful titles that I wouldn’t otherwise glance twice at (haha, Cover Wars).
- I like forcing myself to think of something to say – I’ve got things to say, but articulating them, and clearly, is always a welcome challenge.
- I like how my family gets annoyed that my only Facebook updates are blog related, haha, and they want to know what I’m up to. I’m up to blogging! Come on Nan. Seriously.
- I get to be part of this wonderful group of really smart and capable people.
- Discovering new books and authors. I have started reading twice as much as I used to and I purchase even more books than I used to. I don’t know whether that is a good thing…who am I kidding?
- New friends! I didn’t realize that there were other people who love books as much as I do and that I am not the only strange booklover in the world. I am not alone!
- I like writing and writing blog posts gives me a chance to hone my skills and practice writing with verisimilitude.
- Constantly learning new things or learning to look at old things in new ways. It’s fantastic.