- I would like to meet J. K. Rowling some day
and then demand the script for a BBC Marauders TV show.
- I would like to also meet Terry Pratchett, but unfortunately, that seems even less likely than seeing J. K. Rowling talk.
- I want to learn, in detail, every poem/play/book/historical fact ever referenced in The History Boys. So far, I have about 40% down.
- Finish reading my current pile of non-children’s literature. It’s the tallest un-read pile I have. For obvious reasons, I guess.
- Actually finish a novel someday? That’s kind of bookish, right? It’s just about my (hypothetical) book and not someone else’s!
- Memorize more poetry. Word for word, every line. The psalms would be a good place to start.
- I would have put “meet Diana Wynne Jones,” but that dream was crushed a few years ago.
- Meet Megan Whalen Turner. And hear her speak. And get my books signed by her.
- Write more fiction – short stories, a picturebook, poetry, a novel – and finish it. Edit: polish and refine my writing.
- Submit one or more of the results of 4. (see above) for publication.
- To finish my novel aka my thesis. And then, you know, the entire trilogy.
- To live in a place where I can have a room entirely devoted to books. Or you know, my personal library.
- Get a novel published or I will settle for someone reading what I have written and absolutely loving it. Several someones.
- Read ALL the books in my collection. Find time and energy to do so.
- Read all of Shakespeare’s plays. All of them.
- Finish writing a book. Any of the many I have started will do – just finish one and submit for publication – just to see.
- Read through my TO READ list! It’s long and hefty and ever growing – and so I suppose this one is really just, keep reading.
- Read more non-fiction. I think I’ll like it. Children’s or adult. Any suggestions?
- Attend more lit and industry conferences – that way I can meet interesting people and authors I never even knew about and stay within the sphere – the bookish sphere that exists in my mind…
- Continue to read theory – there is a danger that, when I am finished my thesis, I will stop reading theory. I gotta keep it up! It’s on the list.