Before I go into a spiral of examining how much/little I’ve read this summer, I must apologize for the lack of proper book reviews and recommendations this month on my part. The thesis has kept me busy. September, I promise, will be much more active.
Now, for a review of all the things I said I’d read when
I was young and foolish summer was beginning and everything looked hopeful and shiny: A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray(Didn’t love it as much as I loved The Diviners but Libba Bray’s not-so-good is still very, very good.)
- Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
- The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Beauty Queensby Libba Bray (Struck out halway through … because I am only halfway through this one.)
- Going Bovine by Libba Bray
The Demon’s Lexicon trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan(Enjoyed it! I mean, I did do a huge post on it. But again, not as much as I enjoyed The Lynburn Legacy.) Spiritwalker trilogy by Kate Elliott (I started reading Cold Magic. I love it!)
- The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson
- Legend trilogy by Marie Lu
- Kingdom of Xia duology by Cindy Pon
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, and Brooke Allen The Worn Archive edited by Serah-Marie McMohan
Basically, I veered from the list completely and here is what I ended up actually reading:
Out of these, I think I didn’t enjoy only 2 of them.
In the end, I have come to learn two things about myself:
- I really do love making plans.
- And then before you know it I’m all, “Plan? What plan?”
So, what did you guys read this summer?