TTT is by The Broke and the Bookish. And, er, yeah, still picking from older topics we haven’t done! 🙂
- Uncle Iroh. Can I pleeeeeeease have him as my uncle?
- Failing that, Zuko (old Zuko) as my uncle or grandfather, and Katara as my aunt or grandmother on the other side of the family.
- Effie Rothmer as my sister or cousin. (Patricia C. Wrede’s Frontier Magic books.)
- Sabriel as my sister or aunt, which would also mean Touchstone as my brother-in-law or uncle, Ellimere and Sameth as my niece and nephew or cousins, and Lirael as my sister, aunt, or mother. Yes, I like this plan. I will live in the Old Kingdom; learn Charter Magic; record the adventures of the King, Abhorsen, Abhorsen-in-Waiting, Crown Princess, Wallmaker, and whatever Nicholas John Andrew Sayre is; visit the Clayr’s library; possibly run into Mogget (or the Dog!) at some point; and craft song with Charter Magic. (Old Kingdom books by Garth Nix.)
- Agnes Grey as my sister or cousin (or teacher), and consequently her Edward Weston as my brother-in-law/cousin. Just really decent, good people. (Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte. Kinda like these two better than Jane and Rochester…)
- Oh, also (I can’t believe I nearly forgot!) Una as my big sister or cousin or aunt. (The Faerie Queene Book 1 by Edmund Spencer.)
- Amy as my little cousin. I can just see all the hi-jinks we’d get up to! (Amy Unbounded: Belondweg Blossoming by Rachel Hartman.)
I don’t think I want to be related to any fictional people. :\
To tell you the truth, I’m kind of in Nafiza’s camp, lol. Fictional people always have to much darn drama! AND now that I know how they really think, since I’ve read them, it just wouldn’t be a fair relationship at all. Also, I think I read too many dystopian books for this kind of question… Still, it is just a hypothetical question and I’m terrible at looking up hilarious and charming gifs so…
- Shogo from Battle Royale because I just finished reading it so it’s fresh in my mind. Despite his addiction to smoking, this guy was decent and great at survival. I wouldn’t mind having him around – an older brother, perhaps?
- Gandalf the Grey – because that would be awesome!
- Sally Lockhart from Philip Pullman’s Sally Lockhart mystery series. I think she’d be a pretty cool sister, and I think she’d enjoy having an extra person along on her uncovering and solving.
- Lettie from The Ocean at the End of the Lane because it would mean that I’m magical too, and mysterious and cool.
- I think I’d also love to have Uncle Iro 🙂
EDIT! I was so looking forward to this one, I just had to add in my list even though I’m super late!
- Catarina Loss and Ragnor Fell from the Shadowhunter Chronicles. She could teach me how to play (and cheat) at cards and Ragnor and I could snark at people together.
- UNCLE SOKKA! Probably means best family gatherings ever.
- Jon Glass from The Lynburn Legacy. A+ human being.
- Nymphadora Tonks from Harry Potter. Such a funny, happy character. IMHO, you can never have enough people who make you laugh in your life.
- Mai Ng from Every Breath. She’s such a fantastic character. She deserves her own book. Or at least be my cousin IRL.
- Persephone and Calla from The Raven Cycle. They’re just so … intriguing. Bet they have the best stories.