TTT is by The Broke and the Bookish.
- The Winnie the Pooh books are simply plagued by being a product of their time and for children. Still, if you are immature and enjoy a good giggle, sometimes Pooh books just have bad titles.
- Punny titles like the YA series Pretty Crooked can be funny and also just bad. Though I have to admit, they do generally get me to stop and look at the book.
- Sometimes picturebooks, to me, just state the obvious (often in a very excited tone as with the Mo Willems book above) and that’s it. I dunno, for me, that doesn’t count as a title really… I mean, the whole plot is right there for us as opposed to a nice title that’ll lead us into the story.
I shall list the Georgia Nicolson book titles for your pleasure:
- Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging
- On the Bright Side, I’m Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God
- Knocked Out by my Nunga-Nungas
- Dancing in my Nuddy-Pants
- Away Laughing on a Fast Camel
- Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers
- Startled By His Furry Shorts
- Love is a Many Trousered Thing
- Stop in the Name of Pants!
- Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?
- Withering Tights
- A Midsummer Tight’s Dream
- The Taming of the Tights
All these books are by Louise Rennison and they are very funny. I think so anyway.
- Don’t Worry, It Gets Worse by Alida Nugent: Hehe, it’s just a bunch of essays on adulthood. ^_^
- Zombies vs. Unicorns edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier: It’s funny to me. Who even decided to pit these two against each other?! So random …
- The Day I Swapped My Dad for Two Goldfish by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean: Self-explanatory.
- Soul Music by Terry Pratchett: I guess it’s only really funny if you could see the cover and knew that this was a Death/Reaper centric Discworld book, wherein Death is dealing with rock music … ?
- Tea-Rex by Molly Idle: It’s a picturebook about a dinosaur who is invited to a tea party. <3
- Everyone Poops by Taro Gomi. How can you not smile at that?
- The Manly Art of Knitting by Dave Fougner. Okay, it’s not so much the title (although that brings a smile to my face), but the cover. It is awesome. I am going to read this book.