TTT is a meme by The Broke And The Bookish and this week we’re going to be gushing about the best books we’ve recently had the pleasure of reading. Join us in the comments! 🙂
I’ve been lucky in my reading choices recently. Here are the books I’ve loved enough to give 5-stars to on Goodreads:
- Listen, Slowly – Thanhha Lai
I adored this book so. much. But I’ve already written a snapshot about it so you can read that instead.
- The Rook – Daniel O’Malley
This was a reread and surprisingly way better the second time around.
- Through the Woods – Emily Carroll
This was SO GOOD. Deliciously dark and creepy and glossy and wonderful and I just want more.
- Man Tiger – Eka Kurniawan
Hmmmmm. It is difficult for me to speak about this. Still too soon.
- Booked – Kwame Alexander
Brilliant. So very brilliant. Yash and I will have a joint review for you some time soon.
- The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands. Historical fiction that reads like fantasy. It is amazing. I have only one complaint; I really didn’t want a certain character to die. But it was absolutely necessary for the plot, so I will forgive and reread. And push this book onto my friends.
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. The main reason I finished Fangirl was for the Simon Snow excerpts and fanfic. I did not expect Carry On to be as funny as it is. Not sure about 5 stars, but definitely enjoyable.
- Baba Yaga’s Apprentice by Marika McCoola and Emily Carroll. Just wonderful.
- The Hidden Agenda of Sigrid Sugden by Jill MacLean.
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams and illustrated by William Nicholson. Such a strange old story. Don’t read unless you are somewhere where you can sniffle back tears in comfortable privacy.
On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis is the only true 5-star book I’ve read recently.
Sorry for the shortness of my list.
Here, have a puppy gif instead: