TTT is a meme by The Broke And The Bookish, but today, we talk about non-bookish things …
- I am a tabletop gamer and so I visit plenty of Paizo sites and chat boards . . . though the games are usually played through books . . .
- Email, Facebook and Twitter aren’t all necessarily about books . ..
- OldNavy.ca and Gap.ca??
- lol this is sad . . .
- Google homepage! Hah! 4.5 web pages not about books! Props to me….
- Um, so technically webcomics aren’t about books. Because they’re online. Right? And (like books) they are about the characters. Not about books. Right.
- …Author and artist websites? Not *always* about the books. Sometimes they post just cool/interesting/beautiful/weird stuff. Like architecture. Like artifacts. Like art. Like fanart.
- Email! (I am not mentioning the amount of emails in my inbox that are about books.)
- Rejected Princesses. History and feminism and interesting people for the win.
- How-to sites. There are a lot of step-by-step instructions out there on how to build a historically accurate costume, or how to knit a fox hat, or how to make a peacock tail out of felt, or how to build a bat house, or how to survive just about anything. I immensely appreciate all the how-to pages on computer stuff, like how to use two different page numbering systems on one Word file (so much thesis stress saved by one quick online search).
- 8tracks: Basically radio, though I confess, I mostly use it for bookish purposes, like fanmixes.
- Joy the Baker: Because, food? I’ve been addicted to her stuff since I managed to recreate her Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread. She has some of my favourite, go-to recipes.
- Monsoon Spice: For all kinds of Indian food, including Indian fusion-y stuff. I don’t always follow her recipes to a tee, but it always does work out.
- ColourPop: Everyone knows I love lipsticks, yes? Yes. These guys are cheap, high quality, and cruelty free. My current favourite is their blackish red liquid lipstick called Prim. Yes. That Prim.
- F Yeah Indian Fashion: For clothing inspiration for my stories and also, well, pretty clothes. *___*