Top Ten Tuesday by The Broke & The Bookish is on hiatus for now, so this is what we’re going with today.
- Kami from The Lynburn Legacy: I think her YouTube account would be so much fun! Just hearing her ramble about everyday non-magic things would be so much fun–and she could drag in Angela and Holly for interviews and games once in a while? *dreamy sigh* Her Twitter would be all feminist rage. And her Instagram would showcase the best and the most quirky fashion.
- Sierra from Shadowshaper: She needs an Instagram account. It would be a mix of her art, scenes from Brooklyn, and occasionally pictures of her flipping off bakeries for dogs.
- Magiano from The Young Elites: Have I mentioned lately that I love him? Because I do. He needs a Soundcloud and a Tumblr. I think that should cover his interest in music and his interest in all things shiny and fashionable.
- Ransom and Holster from Check, Please!: I mean, sure, Bitty is present on all social media, but I need these two to please get Twitter or YouTube or SOMETHING because I can’t believe they are graduating and I miss them already and YES OKAY I KNOW THEY AREN’T REAL SHUT UP.
- Magnus from The Bane Chronicles: He’d be a make-up vlogger on YouTube and he’d be very snarky about white standards of beauty on Twitter. I’d lose hours of sleep/reading time seeing his videos and reading through his entire timeline.
BONUS: The journalist from The Missing Queen by Samhita Arni. I would have loved reading her story as it unfolded on her Instagram too.
- Prunella from Sorcerer to the Crown. Her twitter account would either be magnificently apt (and painfully pointed) notes on persons and institutions, or a brilliant and subtly masterminded stream of charm and manipulation; under another name, propaganda. She might have to have two accounts, one public and under the handle of her office, and one extremely private, with select – very select – followers.
- My favourites from Les Miserables and from certain Les Mis fanfics. I would love to see what Jehan, Eponine, Cosette, Gavroche, Grantaire, Combeferre, Enjolras, Courfeyrac, Bahorel, Musichetta, Joly, Bossuet, and Feuilly would post, tweet, insta, and vlog, according to their natures and preferences. (Twitter feels like too succinct a medium to serve any of them really well, except as a platform for their work as Les Amis, but if you think you can convince me otherwise, go for it.)
- Lord Ballister Blackheart and Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin from Nimona. Both during the book – just imagine their war of words online – and after the story ends. *looks pleadingly at Noelle Stevenson*
- Talis from The Scorpion Rules and The Swan Riders. Oh my.
- Dimple and Kavita from Born Confused and Bombay Blues. Dimple would have a fantastic instagram account, and Kavita’s tumblr would, I think, be a heady mixture of political posts, personal commentary on current affairs and also her friends, and very pretty Indian fashion. Also food. Kavita and Dimple would be all about the food.
- Ronan from The Raven Cycle. His IG would be full of pictures of his pet crow and it would be magnificent.
- Jane Eyre with a Twitter account. Can you imagine how cutting she would be? Oh, I’d love it.
- Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables. Argh. Anne would be a delight whether on Twitter or IG.
- Eugenides from The Queen’s Thief series. Can you imagine the kinds of things he’d get up to if he had the access to IG and Twitter and Tumblr?
- Iko from The Lunar Chronicles. I think we’d be much entertained.