Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and continued by That Artsy Book Girl. Today’s topic is books on my spring tbr list.
- Antigonik by Sophocles, translated by Anne Carson, illustrated by Bianca Stone. I fell in love with Antigone in grade 12, and from the few pages I’ve read, this translation/creative interpretation is phenomenal.
- Silence: In the Age of Noise by Earling Kagge. Nafiza is very persuasive.
- Pushing Up the Sky: Seven Native American Plays for Children by Joseph Bruchac. This was in the poetry section at the library, who knows why?
- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F. C. Yee. Did I mention how persuasive Nafiza is?
- Lumberjanes Vol. 5: Band Together and Vol. 6: Sink or Swim. I can’t waaaait.
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland. Have you seen the cover? I think Yash loved this (what other recommendation do I need?); watch for her review next month.
*grin* I’m glad to be so persuasive, Janet. I hope you enjoy the books as much as I did. The books on my list…well, there are many I’m currently reading. I’m just going to try reading them all and perhaps add in another one or two titles as they come along my way.
- Brazen by Penelope Bagieu
This is fantastic. I will be reviewing it once I’m done.
- The Astonishing Colour of After by Emily X. R. Pan
Okay, this one is beautiful too as much as I have read of it anyway.
- Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman
It’s Rachel Hartman. I don’t expect anything less than brilliant and the prologue already ensures me that I’m in for a ride.
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
This book made it to the NYT Bestseller list which means a lot.
- The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
So okay, confession, I am not enjoying this as much as I want to but I’m trudging along.
- The Serpent’s Secret – Sayantani Dasgupta
I expect to enjoy the hell out of this one.
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
I am 84 pages in and this is getting interesting though I feel super scared for one of the characters. Please don’t die.
- Rebound by Kwame Alexander
You should all know how much I love Alexander’s books by now. I hope to get to this one soon.
- Heart Berries by Teresa Mailhot
I’ve heard way too much about this not to want to read it.
- Everything Here is Beautiful by Mira T. Lee
I read the first 20 pages and they were super engaging so I’m in.